You can also utilize the new mobile application Passport Photo Creator. Take your own passport photo on your mobile device and get real-time compliance checks of your passport photo. Once your passport photo is perfect, you can print at Walgreens. Your passport photo will be ready in less than one hour. The Passport Photo Creator utilizes state-of-the-art technology and facial detection software that will help you get a 100% government approved and compliant passport photo. The app is available for free download and passport prints at Walgreens are only paid for when you pick up your photo.
Passport Photo Creator application is available on iOS
Passport Photo Requirements:
- A recent color photo taken within the last six months, printed in color, on photo quality paper.
- 2”x2” in size (51mm x 51mm)
- Head size must be between 1 inch and 1 ⅜ inches.
- No smiles. You must have a neutral facial expression. Directly face the camera. No shadows on your face.
- Normal clothing. No uniforms, except for religious clothing worn daily.
- Background must be white or off-white in color.
- You cannot wear a hat or head covering. Nothing can cover your hair or hairline, unless you normally wear it daily for religious purposes.
- No headphones, sunglasses, or similar items can be worn.
- Hearing devices may be permissible. Medical certification may be required as proof.
- Prescription glasses are no longer acceptable. Do not take your passport photo wearing glasses.
Passport Photo Requirements are not flexible. If you are concerned about your photos, please visit a passport agency, CVS, Walgreens, or local photo shop that specializes in passport photos.