DS-3053 Consent Form Information

So you are traveling out of the country and your child under the age of 16 needs a new passport. If a child is under the age of 16 it is always a new passport even if they have already had a passport issued. The reason is because its considered a minors passport and a minors passport cannot be renewed. Since it’s a new passport both parents must appear at the acceptance agent in order to verify and validate the passport documentation.

If one parent cannot appear at the acceptance agency that means the post office, county clerk, and now some public libraries a DS-3053 consent form can be utilized this form must be notarized accompanied with the parents drivers license or passport. If the parent is not willing or not in the picture the other parent must have sole custody papers. Any questions contact Fastport Passport at (800) 220-1759