Common Questions

  • What is a Passport Expeditor?

    As a Passport Expeditor, we are registered with the U.S. Department of State to secure expedited passports on behalf of U.S. citizens in all 50 states. Our processing times are as fast as 24 hours, and even our slowest service is 8-14 business days. Our processing times are based on when we get the documents from you. Routine processing through the post office will take 4-6 weeks, so if you need a passport fast, we can help!

  • How does your service work?

    If you need a passport in two weeks or faster, we are the right service for you. Once you place your order, we will direct you to our Instructional Checklist. This page has the forms and documents required for your application. You will gather the necessary documents and forms according to the checklist and then you send that all to us using overnight FedEx. Once our office gets your documents, we will begin the processing. Once your new passport is ready, we will send it to you using overnight FedEx shipping.

  • What is an acceptance agent?

    An acceptance agent is needed to verify the signatures and identity of the applicant. This is usually the post office or county clerk. This is a required step for new passports, replacing lost or stolen passports, and child passports. You can think of them as a government authorized notary. They verify the applicant’s identity and witness the signing of the necessary forms.

  • What forms will I need?

    We understand that the passport application process can be overwhelming, complex, and confusing. We are here to help you through this process. Our instructional checklists will walk you through each step that is required for expediting your passport. Feel free to call us at (800) 220-1759 for assistance on any forms. You can also use the chat feature on the site.

  • Who needs a U.S. Passport?

    Passports are required any time you leave or enter the country. If you are traveling by land to Canada or Mexico, you can use a passport card. All U.S. citizens leaving and entering the country should have a current, valid passport with at least 6 months of validity.

  • Can I get a Passport Card?

    A passport card is a wallet-size travel plastic document similar to a drivers license. It can be used to travel from the United States to Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda by land and sea but not air. If you plan to travel by air, you should get the passport book.

  • Do I need a Letter of Authorization?

    The Letter of authorization is a document that allows us to hand in your application on your behalf. It is required when using our expedited services.

  • How many years is my passport valid?

    An adult passport is valid for 10 years. If you were under 16 when it was issued, then it is a child passport (minor passport), which is only valid for 5 years. The child passport cannot be renewed. It is considered a new minor passport each time until the applicant is 16 or older, when they must then apply for a new adult passport.

  • How can you get a passport and visa so fast?

    As a registered courier service with the U.S. Department of State, we have special access to Passport Agencies. With this access, we can be seen daily by the Passport Agency without any appointments, unlike the general public. We have a similar standing with Embassies and Consulates, so we can get visas quickly too.

  • Is this a secure service?

    Fastport Passport is registered with the U.S. Department of State. We have been securing U.S. Passports for American travelers for over fifteen years. You can also view our Testimonials and reviews on Yelp and visit us on Facebook. If you need your passport or visa in less than 4-6 weeks, then we are the service to help you get your passport fast. We process passports daily for U.S. travelers in all 50 states.

  • Is your website and order form secure?

    Fastport Passport uses the highest level of security protocols. Our order form site has the GeoTrust SSL certificate to securely transmit your order information with a 248-bit encryption. This is the highest level of encryption in the industry. FastPort Passport also uses McAfee Security, which checks the website daily for any vulnerability.

  • Is this guaranteed?

    We guarantee that we will process your application correctly. We are not responsible for delays caused by couriers such as FedEx and we are not responsible for delays caused by the Passport Agency. The Passport Agency has many rules and regulations and on occasion will require extra information from our clients. We will help you through that process if necessary and we will not leave you alone to handle it yourself. We have an excellent track record processing passports and visas on time, so no one misses their trip.

  • Why do you charge a fee?

    We are authorized by the US Dept. of State to secure your passport immediately. Our fee is to expedite your passport application, rather than waiting the 4-6 weeks through the Post Office. We handle the process entirely and will have your passport and/or visa back to you in hours rather than weeks with the traditional route.

  • Do you process secondary duplicate passports?

    Some frequent travelers need a second duplicate passport if they have travel plans but also need to submit their passport for visa processing. A second duplicate passport is available for travelers in this unique situation. Another reason a traveler may need a second duplicate passport is if they travel between countries engaged in conflict or war. A second duplicate passport is usually only valid for a year or two at most.

  • Can I skip the Acceptance Agent step?

    The Acceptance Agent is a required step for new passports or child passports. They ensure that the applicant is valid and the paperwork is correct. They seal the envelope. This cannot be opened or tampered. It must go directly to us for processing to the State Department.

  • Will my passport be denied?

    Passports can be denied for a few reasons. Most commonly passports are denied if:
    You completed an application form incorrectly. You are on probation. You owe more than $1500 in child support payments. You are wanted on an arrest warrant. You are currently summoned to appear in court. You are currently in jail.

  • How can I get a passport for my child or minor?

    Both parents/ guardians will need to complete the Statement of Consent and complete the necessary paperwork. Once the paperwork is complete, the parents/ guardians and the minor/ child will need to be seen by an Acceptance Agent. Please visit our Child Passport Instructional Checklist Page for details.

  • Do I need an official copy of my birth certificate?

    Yes, you will need an official copy of your birth certificate (with the raised state seal) in order to process your passport. Your local state office should have your birth certificate on file. You can also order an Express Birth Certificate. Otherwise, the National Center for Health Center Statistics may be able to help in locating your birth certificate.

  • What do I do if my passport is lost, stolen, or mutilated?

    You will have to fill out a DS-64, indicating that your passport was lost, stolen or mutilated. Be sure to bring new passport photos and official copy of your birth certificate to the acceptance agent.

  • Do I need a passport to travel to Canada or Mexico?

    Yes. As of December 31, 2007 the U.S. State Department requires every U.S. citizen to possess a valid passport to travel by air, sea, or land to Mexico and Canada. Birth certificates and a form of identification will no longer be allowed. You can use a passport card for land travel to Canada and Mexico.

  • How are passport photos different from regular photos?

    The U.S. State Dept requirements for passport photos are strict. It is best to have official passport photos taken. You can also refer to our Passport Photo Page.

  • Do babies need a passport?

    All U.S. citizens (including infants) traveling internationally must possess their own valid passport.

  • Can I change my name on my passport?

    If your passport is less than one year old, you can submit a name change. Otherwise, you will need to submit a Passport Renewal Application. Be sure to have an official copy of your marriage or divorce license with you.

  • What is the Visa process?

    Visas are processed and issued by Embassies and Consulates. Fastport Passport will submit the necessary documentation on your behalf to the appropriate Consulate or Embassy. Please call our office for specific information on processing your visa documentation. You will need to submit your passport for the visa. In most cases your visa is stamped directly into your passport in the visa section of your passport. You will need a full page for the visa stamp. If you do not have available space in your passport, you will need to add pages to your passport. This could lengthen the time it takes to obtain a visa.

Passports Expedited On Time, Everytime. Service fees starting as low as $109