U.S New Passport Instructions
If this is your first time getting a U.S. passport or if your passport expired more than 5 years ago, you will need apply for a new passport. Please keep in mind that you must be at least 16-years-old to apply for an adult U.S. passport.
- Purchase a New Passport on FastportPassport.com
Select the option that best meets your travel needs and proceed to purchase your expedited passport
- Get started with our Online Wizard
After finalizing your purchase, you will then be redirected to govWorks’s secure platform where you will create an account and complete the new passport application using our intuitive wizard. You will then print out the completed application- do not sign it.
- Gather the Required Documents
Once you are finished with the online wizard, our govWorks platform will then generate an application containing all the necessary information you need to mail to our processing center. Please, it’s extremely important that you go ahead and print the documents single sided; double sided copies will not be accepted..Requirements checklist:
- DS-11 Passport Application: This application will be automatically generated from our platform and will need to be signed when visiting an Acceptance Agent.
- Passport Photo: Click this link to learn more about it
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship Click this link to see a list of examples
- Proof of Identity Click this link to see a list of examples
- Proof of Travel: A travel itinerary or business letter showcasing that you are traveling within 2 weeks (or 4 weeks if a travel visa is also needed). However, if you have not made travel plans and don’t have proof of travel, we will happily assist you in obtaining an alternative document.
- Government Fee: An additional check or money order payable to “US Department of State” is required for all of our orders. The specific amount can vary from $140 to $170 depending on the type of passport application. After placing your order, the platform will then instruct you on the exact check amount and how to write it out.
- Letter of Authorization: We will provide you with a Letter of Authorization which allows us to process your passport on your behalf. You will need to sign and date two copies of this Letter of Authorization, preferably using blue ink, and include it with your documents. While doing so, include one of the copies inside of the sealed envelope and the other one outside of the sealed envelope, before you send us your documents.
Important: Please make 2 photocopies of all your supporting documents.
- Visit a Passport Acceptance Agent
Once you complete your passport application and gather all the items from the checklist, you must then take it to a Passport Acceptance Agent (AA), who will review it and witness your signature. Passport Acceptance Agents are very common and easy to find in your area, they are usually located at US Post Offices or Courthouses.The AA will proceed to:
- Ask you to sign the DS-11 Form.
- Add his/her signature to the DS-11 Form.
- Check your ID.
- The agent will then collect all of your supporting documents and seal them into an envelope with the signed DS-11 Form using an official seal or stamp.
Important:Please, make sure the (AA) returns the sealed envelope to you so that you can mail it directly to FastportPassport. Send the sealed envelope to FastportPassport as soon as it is sealed. Please, bear in mind the seal on the envelope expires after four business days.
- Send us your passport application package using FedEx
- Before shipping your documents to us, please contact your assigned Account Manager to quickly go over your documents and to get your pre-paid Fedex shipping label.
- Go ahead and write your full name, date of birth, and the date of departure on the sealed envelope.
- Place the sealed envelope in a FedEx envelope.
- The second copies of your supporting documents and DS-11 form should be placed in the FedEx envelope alongside (but separate from) the sealed envelope. This will allow us to review everything for accuracy, before delivering your application for processing. Such procedure will help us eliminate possible delays by submitting error-free documents.
- Ship the FedEx envelope to our office using the shipping label provided by FastportPassport.com
Once your passport is ready, we will pick it up from the government office and immediately FedEx it to you. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to call us anytime at (800) 220-1759.