U.S Child Passport Instructions

American children 15-years-old or younger need to have a US Child’s passport in order to travel internationally. Parents or legal guardians must obtain a passport on behalf of their children. Keep in mind, every five years children must re-apply for a new child’s passport until they are old enough to obtain an adult passport.

  1. Purchase a Child Passport on FastportPassport.com

    Select the option that best meets your travel needs and proceed to purchase your child’s expedited passport.

  2. Get started with our Online Wizard

    After finalizing your purchase, you will then be redirected to govWorks’s secure platform where you will create an account and complete the passport application on your child’s behalf using our intuitive wizard.

  3. Gather the Required Documents

    Once you are finished with the online wizard, our govWorks platform will then generate an application containing all the necessary information you need to mail to our processing center. Please, it’s extremely important that you go ahead and print the documents single sided; double sided copies will not be accepted.

    Requirements checklist:
    1. DS-11 Passport Application: This application will be automatically generated from our platform and needs to be signed when visiting an Acceptance Agent.
    2. Proof of U.S. Citizenship Click this link to see a list of examples
    3. Proof of Parents Identity Click this link to see a list of examples
    4. Proof of Relationship to parents Click this link to see a list of examples
    5. Passport Photo: Click this link to learn more about it
    6. Proof of Travel: A travel itinerary or business letter showcasing that you are traveling within 2 weeks (or 4 weeks if a travel visa is also needed).
    7. Government Fee:An additional check or money order payable to “US Department of State” is required for all orders. The exact amount can vary from $160 to $190 depending on the type of passport application. Once you place your order, the platform will instruct you on the exact amount of the check and how to write it out.
    8. Letter of Authorization:We will provide you with a Letter of Authorization which allows us to process your passport on your behalf. You will need to sign and date two copies of this Letter of Authorization, preferably using blue ink, and include it with your documents. While doing so, include one of the copies inside of the sealed envelope and the other one outside of the sealed envelope, before you send us your documents.


    Special Circumstances:

    1. When one parent/legal guardian is not available at the time the passport is executed, a completed and notarized DS-3053 consent form will need to be included.
    2. The Form DS-5525 must be included if one parent/legal guardian is unavailable and cannot sign consent form DS-3053 when applying for a child’s passport.
    3. If one parent has sole custody of a child, they must provide legal documentation showing sole custody.
    4. If neither parent is able to appear, a third party may apply for a child‘s passport with a notarized statement from both parents/guardians giving that third party permission to apply for the child.
    5. If a child doesn‘t have a social security number, a signed and dated statement must be provided. The statement must say: “I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the following is true and correct: (Child‘s full name) has never been issued a Social Security Number by the Social Security Administration.”

    Important: Both parents and the child must visit the Passport Acceptance Agent together. However, because you are applying for a passport on behalf of a minor, there are several special circumstances that might arise where additional documentation is required.

  4. Visit a Passport Acceptance Agent

    Once you complete your passport application and gather all the items from the checklist, you must then take it to a Passport Acceptance Agent (AA), who will review it and witness your signature. Passport Acceptance Agents are very common and easy to find in your area, they are usually located at US Post Offices or Courthouses.

    The AA will proceed to:
    1. Ask you to sign the DS-11 Form (DS-5525, if applicable)
    2. Add his/her signature to the DS-11 Form.
    3. Check your ID.
    4. The agent will then collect all of your supporting documents and seal them into an envelope with the signed DS-11 Form using an official seal or stamp.

    Important:Please, make sure the (AA) returns the sealed envelope to you so that you can mail it directly to FastportPassport. Send the sealed envelope to FastportPassport as soon as it is sealed. Please, bear in mind the seal on the envelope expires after four business days.

  5. Send us your passport application package using FedEx
    • Before shipping your documents to us, please contact your assigned Account Manager to quickly go over your documents and to get your pre-paid Fedex shipping label.
    • Go ahead and write your full name, date of birth, and the date of departure on the sealed envelope.
    • Place the sealed envelope in a FedEx envelope.
    • The second copies of your supporting documents and DS-11 form should be placed in the FedEx envelope alongside (but separate from) the sealed envelope. This will allow us to review everything for accuracy, before delivering your application for processing. Such procedure will help us eliminate possible delays by submitting error-free documents.
    • Ship the FedEx envelope to our office using the shipping label provided by FastportPassport.com

    Once your passport is ready, we will pick it up from the government office and immediately FedEx it to you. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to call us anytime at (800) 220-1759.

Passports Expedited On Time, Everytime. Service fees starting as low as $109

Certified & Secured by: