U.S Name Change Passport Instructions
It is important to keep your passport up to day with your current legal name. If a person has changed their name due to marriage or for other reasons, they must apply for a Passport Name Change that reflects their new name.
- Purchase a Passport Renewal on FastportPassport.com
Select the option that best meets your travel needs and proceed to purchase your expedited passport name change.
- Get started with our Online Wizard
After finalizing your purchase, you will then be redirected to govWorks’s secure platform where you will create an account and complete the passport name change application using our intuitive wizard.
- Gather the Required Documents
Once you are finished with the online wizard, our govWorks platform will then generate an application containing all the necessary information you need to mail to our processing center. Please, it’s extremely important that you go ahead and print the documents single sided; double sided copies will not be accepted.Requirements checklist:
- DS-82 Passport Application: This passport application will be automatically generated from our platform and needs to be signed using a black or blue ink pen.
- Passport Photo: Click this link for to learn more about it
- Old Passport: Your old passport must be included with your documents. Worry not, it will be returned to you with your new passport. Your old passport must not be damaged or mutilated.
- Proof of Name Change
- Proof of Travel: A travel itinerary or business letter showcasing that you are traveling within 2 weeks (or 4 weeks if a travel visa is also needed) is required. However, if you have not made travel plans and don’t have proof of travel, we will happily assist you in obtaining an alternative document.
- Government Fee: An additional check or money order payable to “US Department of State” is required for all of our orders. The specific amount can vary from $160 to $190 depending on the type of passport application. After placing your order, the platform will then instruct you on the exact check amount and how to write it out.
- Letter of Authorization: We will provide you with a Letter of Authorization which allows us to process your passport on your behalf. You will need to sign and date this Letter of Authorization, preferably using blue ink, and include it with your documents.
- Send us your passport application package using FedEx
- Before shipping your documents to us, please contact your assigned Account Manager to quickly go over your documents and to get your pre-paid Fedex shipping label ready.
- Proceed to place your application and supporting documents in a FedEx envelope.
- Ship the FedEx envelope to our office using the shipping label provided by FastportPassport.com
Once your passport is ready, we will pick it up from the government office and immediately FedEx it to you. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to call us anytime at (800) 220-1759.