U.S Second Passport Instructions
Second passports are always issued at the discretion of the US State Department and are valid for no more than four years. Common reasons for having a second passport include; a foreign country will deny entry because a passport contains markings of a specific country, a passport is currently unavailable due to processing delays associated with a specific foreign visa application, or if the applicant has the need to obtain multiple visas on a continuing basis.
- Purchase a Passport Renewal on FastportPassport.com
Select the option that best meets your travel needs and proceed to purchase your expedited second passport.
- Get started with our Online Wizard
After finalizing your purchase, you will then be redirected to govWorks’s secure platform where you will create an account and complete the second passport application using our intuitive wizard.
- Gather the Required Documents
Once you are finished with the online wizard, our govWorks platform will then generate an application containing all the necessary information you need to mail to our processing center. Please, it’s extremely important that you go ahead and print the documents single sided; double sided copies will not be accepted.Requirements checklist:
- DS-82 Passport Application: This passport application will be automatically generated from our platform and needs to be signed using a black or blue ink pen.
- Current U.S. Passport
- Proof of Travel: A travel itinerary or business letter showcasing that you are traveling within 2 weeks (or 4 weeks if a travel visa is also needed) is required. However, if you have not made travel plans and don’t have proof of travel, we will happily assist you in obtaining an alternative document.
- Passport Photo: Click this link to learn more about it
- Government Fee: An additional check or money order payable to “US Department of State” is required for all of our orders. The specific amount can vary from $160 to $190 depending on the type of passport application. After placing your order, the platform will then instruct you on the exact check amount and how to write it out.
- Letter of Authorization: We will provide you with a Letter of Authorization which allows us to process your passport on your behalf. You will need to sign and date this Letter of Authorization, preferably using blue ink, and include it with your documents.
- Send us your passport application package using FedEx
- Before shipping your documents to us, please contact your assigned Account Manager to quickly go over your documents and to get your pre-paid Fedex shipping label ready.
- Proceed to place your application and supporting documents in a FedEx envelope.
- Ship the FedEx envelope to our office using the shipping label provided by FastportPassport.com
Once your passport is ready, we will pick it up from the government office and immediately FedEx it to you. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to call us anytime at (800) 220-1759.