Second Duplicate Passport Instructions
*Important: Save this page and open any links in a new tab or window!*
Read entire checklist thoroughly and carefully.
All paperwork must be printed single-sided. Double sided prints may delay your processing.
- Submit a Valid Passport
• Your passport must have been issued less than 15 years ago
• If your passport was issued more than 15 years ago, you must apply for a new passport.
• Your expired passport must have been issued when you were 16 or older
• If your passport was issued when you were younger that 16, you must apply for a new passport.
• If the name you are currently using differs from the name on the expired passport. Submit your original name change documentation. Ex: (Marriage Certificate or Name Change Decree).
IMPORTANT: YOU WILL NEED A NEW PASSPORT IF YOUR CURRENT PASSPORT IS MUTILATED ALTERED, OR DAMAGEDRecap and Important Information
- Complete the form online using the Passport Application Wizard. This will create a 2D barcode application form. All passport agencies now require the use of this form. When DS11 form is complete and printed please refer back to this checklist.
- Print out pages 5 & 6 of the completed application form.
- Leave signature blank until instructed to do so by the Acceptance Agent at the post office or county clerk.
- Complete the application form (DS-82)
Fill out the DS-82 (Passport Renewal Application form)
• Print out completed application form
• Sign and date application form
Important: Handwritten applications are not accepted for expedited passport applicants by the U.S. Department of State. Failure to submit a typed application will result in a $35 fee for Fastport Passport staff to type your application. Your signature must be the same on all documents. If your signature has changed over the years, please submit a copy of current signature identification.
TIP: The Social Security Number is now required for all passport applications. Failure to include the SSN will cause your passport application to be delayed or denied.
- Required Letter of Authorization
Download & Print Registered Passport Courier Letter Of Authorization.
- Print each of the Letters of Authorization.
- Complete the Letters of Authorization by hand in blue or black ink.
- Please follow the instructions on each form. IMPORTANT: Only check off the first two boxes. DO NOT check off all three boxes on the Letter of Authorization. This form allows our service to expedite your passport application.
- Complete a Request Letter
Fill out a request letter in the link here. It should be addressed to the U.S. Passport Services explaining exactly why you are requesting a second passport. Sign the letter the same way you signed the DS-82 and include your date of birth next to your signature.
- Passport Photo
- Provide one new passport photo (2”x2”).
- We highly recommend using the Passport Photo Creator mobile app. Download this app for free on your iOS or Android device. This easy-to-use app lets you take your own photo and will verify if your photo is compliant with the passport photo requirements set by the U.S. Department of State Passport Agency. Once you are satisfied with your passport photo, you can print to any of the 8000 Walgreens locations near you in less than one hour. You will only pay for the photo when you pick it up at your local Walgreens ($13.99). An unacceptable passport photo is the #1 reason passports are rejected or delayed. The Passport Photo Creator will help eliminate passport photo rejections.
- Handwrite your full name in pencil on the backside of your passport photo.
- The passport photo must be taken within the past 6 months and cannot be a photo of another person.
The Passport Photo Creator mobile app will help you take a perfect passport photo. Utilizing biometric facial recognition software, your passport photo will show real-time compliance checks to ensure your passport photo will be accepted. The app will verify the following Passport Photo Requirements: Eyeglasses must be removed. Recent Color Photo taken in last six months. 2×2 inches in size (51mm x 51mm). Photo Quality Paper. Head size must be between 1 inch and 1 ⅜ inches. Plain white or off-white background. Neutral facial expression (no smiles!) directly facing the camera. Normal clothing. No uniforms, except for religious clothing worn daily. No hats or head covering that covers hair or hairline, unless worn daily for religious purposes. Face must be visible with no shadows being cast on face. No headphones or similar items can be worn. Hearing devices normally worn may be included with medical certification. Dark glasses or tinted lenses non-prescription glasses are not allowed. Your eyes MUST be visible.
- Proof of International Travel
Provide two copies of one of the following travel documents below proving your international travel within 14 days of this application submission: This is now required to ensure fast duplicate passport processing.
Acceptable Proof of Foreign travel:
– Plane ticket
– Travel itinerary from a travel agent or online booking (E-Ticket)
– Business letter from your employer.
- Government Fees
MPORTANT: The U.S. Department of State fee is paid separately from Fastport Passport’s service fee, and must be paid via personal check (check number must be above #100) or postal money order. Temporary checks and starter checks are not accepted. All other forms of payment are subject to suspension from the U.S. Department of State.
U.S. Department of State Fee – $170.00
- A new check or money order in the amount of $170.00 must list your preprinted or handwritten name and address.
- The check (personal, certified, cashiers or travelers) or money order (U.S. Postal, commercial, currency exchange) should be made payable to “U.S. Department of State”.
IMPORTANT: STARTER CHECKS AND 3RD PARTY CHECKS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Any forms with a signature and date field MUST be completed with your original signature and date. Copies are not accepted. Failure to sign and date your DS application or LOA will delay your processing. Your signatures on the DS application and LOA must match.
Your documents must be received by our office the day following completion (date and signature). Failure to send us your documents the day of signing and dating the documents may cause your application to be suspended.
IMPORTANT: If you are traveling within the next 48 hours, do not send in your documents without speaking to our passport specialists first!
Ship all documents to:Attention Passport Dept.1318 Coney Island AveBrooklyn NY 11230
Note: Same Day passport requests are processed the next business day unless you speak with a representative and arrange first overnight shipping with Fed Ex.
Now you have completed the Fastport Passport Expedited checklist!! If you have already paid for service you can send your documents to us and relax while we process your expedited passport request.