U.S. Lost Or Stolen Expedited Passport Instructions
IMPORTANT: Save this page and open any links in a new tab or window
Please print all the paperwork single-sided to avoid processing delays.
- Gather Required Documents
Download & Print The DS-64 Statement Regarding A Lost Or Stolen Passport Book And/Or Card
- Download DS-64 Lost Statement.
- Complete the application form by hand.
- Sign the DS-64 passport application.
IMPORTANT: Only use this form in conjunction with a lost or stolen passport.
Download & Print Registered Courier Service Letter Of Authorization
- Call us for the required Letter of Authorization.
- Print two copies of the Letter of Authorization.
- Complete the Letter of Authorization by hand in blue or black ink. Electronic signatures are not accepted.
- Write Fastport Passport as the courier company name.
IMPORTANT: Only check off the first two boxes. DO NOT check off all three boxes on the Letter of Authorization. This form allows Fastport Passport to expedite your passport application.
Provide Your Proof of Identity
- The applicant is required to provide a valid driver’s license that has been issued for more than six months or another form of primary identification. Proof of Identification Examples.
- If you do not have a valid driver’s license: You are required to bring supplemental identification when you appear at the Passport Acceptance Agent.
- The Passport Acceptance Agent may require an Identifying Witness.
IMPORTANT: In addition, it helps to provide copies of at least three Supplemental Identification documents to avoid any delays in processing your application with the U.S. Department of State.
Acceptable Supplemental Identification:
– Non Drivers ID Card – Library Card – Lease Agreement – Work Identification – Credit Card – Voters Registration Card – Social Security Card – School ID – Baptismal Certificate – Health Insurance Card – High School Year Book – Tax Records
Provide Your Passport Photograph
- Provide one new passport photo (2”x2”).
- We highly recommend using the Passport Photo Creator mobile app. Download this app for free on your iOS or Android device. This easy-to-use app lets you take your own photo and will verify if your photo is compliant with the passport photo requirements set by the U.S. Department of State Passport Agency. Once you are satisfied with your passport photo, you can print to any of the 8000 Walgreens locations near you in less than one hour. You will only pay for the photo when you pick it up at your local Walgreens ($13.99). An unacceptable passport photo is the #1 reason passports are rejected or delayed. The Passport Photo Creator will help eliminate passport photo rejections.
- Handwrite your full name in pencil on the backside of your passport photo.
- The passport photo must be taken within the past 6 months and cannot be a photo of another person.
Passport Photo Requirements:
The Passport Photo Creator mobile app will help you take a perfect passport photo. Utilizing biometric facial recognition software, your passport photo will show real-time compliance checks to ensure your passport photo will be accepted. The app will verify the following Passport Photo Requirements: Eyeglasses must be removed. Recent Color Photo taken in last six months. 2×2 inches in size (51mm x 51mm). Photo Quality Paper. Head size must be between 1 inch and 1 ⅜ inches. Plain white or off-white background. Neutral facial expression (no smiles!) directly facing the camera. Normal clothing. No uniforms, except for religious clothing worn daily. No hats or head covering that covers hair or hairline, unless worn daily for religious purposes. Face must be visible with no shadows being cast on face. No headphones or similar items can be worn. Hearing devices normally worn may be included with medical certification. Dark glasses or tinted lenses non-prescription glasses are not allowed. Your eyes MUST be visible.
IMPORTANT: Still have questions? Click here for photo requirements.
Provide Proof of U.S. Citizenship
Provide one original document (not a copy) from the following:
- Original U.S. Birth Certificate or,
- Certified copy of U.S. Birth Certificate or,
- Original Naturalization Certificate or,
- Previously Issued U.S. Passport
The U.S. Department of State now requires all U.S. Birth certificates to have both parents names and dates of birth listed. This is also known as a Long-Form Birth Certificate.
Certified U.S. birth certificate (must meet all of the following requirements):
- Issued by the City, County, or State of birth
- Lists bearer’s full name, date of birth, and place of birth
- Lists parent(s) full names
- Has date filed with registrar’s office (must be within one year of birth)
- Has registrar’s signature
- Has embossed, impressed, or multicolored seal of registrar Photocopies and notarized copies are unacceptable
IMPORTANT: You can order an expedited birth certificate here.
IMPORTANT: Documents that are mutilated, altered, or damaged will be rejected by the U.S. Department of State. Please include a signed statement explaining the damage.
Provide Proof of International Travel
- Proof of confirmed international travel within 14 days or 30 days if a visa is also needed.
- Print two copies of your proof of travel.
Acceptable Proofs of International Travel:
- (Preferred) Airfare confirmation, e-ticket, travel itinerary from airlines, travel agents, or online booking.
- Plane ticket or Hotel Confirmation (only valid for land and sea travel to Mexico or Canada).
- Business letter from your employer on official company letterhead.
IMPORTANT: Need more help? Examples of acceptable proof of international travel.
Provide Required Government Fees
- Make a check or money order payable to ‘U.S. Department of State’ in the amount of $170.00
- If you would like a Passport Card along with your passport book, please make a check or money order payable to ‘U.S. Department of State’ in the amount of $200.00
IMPORTANT: The U.S. Department of State fee is paid separately from Fastport Passport’s service fee, and must be paid via personal check (check number must be above #100) or postal money order. Temporary checks and starter checks are not accepted. All other forms of payment are subject to suspension from the U.S. Department of State. Include your name and address on the check or money order.
- Acceptance Agency Fee (e.g. post office, county clerk) – $35.00
An acceptance agent is needed to verify the signatures and identity of the applicant. This is usually the post office or county clerk. Please refer to Step 3. Leave check or money order blank (Acceptance agent will instruct you to whom to make the check or money order payable to).
- Complete Application Form DS-11
Complete the DS-11 Barcoded Application Form
- Complete DS-11 form online using the Passport Applications Wizard.
- All passport agencies now require the use of the 2D bar code application form.
- TIP: You will NOT be making a payment via this form since you are using an expeditor service. When you get to the payment page, simply select any option and continue so you can print this form. There is no actual payment section on that form. You just need to print the application and continue on this checklist.
- TIP: Do not click preview form. Click NEXT PAGE at the bottom. On the last page, click ‘Create Form’ and a PDF file will open up.
- TIP: Do not sign this form until instructed to do so by the Acceptance Agent at the post office or county clerk.
- TIP: Handwritten applications are not accepted for expedited passport applicants by the U.S. Department of State. Fastport Passport will not submit your documents until you send in a typed, signed, and dated application.
- TIP: The Social Security Number is now required for all passport applications. Failure to include the SSN will cause your passport application to be delayed or denied. If the applicant has never received their SSN, please print and complete this form.
IMPORTANT: Handwritten applications are not accepted for expedited processing. You are not applying for your passport online, but rather completing the application form online to print it out. Government fees are paid at the acceptance agency.
- Prepare & Seal Hand Carry Envelope
Applicants Must Appear In Person At A Passport Acceptance Agent
- This step is required for all passport services. There are over 8000 locations across America. Some Acceptance Agents require appointments.
- Notify the Acceptance Agent you require a Sealed Hand Carry Envelope and you are using a Registered Passport Courier to expedite your passport.
- If the applicant is 16 years old, both parents or guardians will need to be present with the applicant. Please include photocopies of your identification as proof of parental relationship. If an applicant is 17 years old, only one parent need to be present.
Applicant Must Provide All Required Documents To The Acceptance Agent
- The Acceptance Agent will review all documents you prepared in Step 1 & Step 2 from this checklist. The Acceptance Agent will also verify the identities of the applicant and parents/guardians and witness the signing of the required documents.
- The Acceptance Agent will instruct the applicant to sign the DS-11 in their presence.
- Your signature must appear the same on all documents. Signatures should be consistent or your application could be denied.
- Sign only in black ink.
The Acceptance Agent Must Seal Your Documents Inside A Hand Carried Envelope
- The Acceptance Agent MUST seal all documents inside the Hand Carry Envelope (also called an adjudicated envelope).
- This must include the signed DS-11, DS-64, Passport Photo, Proof of Citizenship, Proof Of Travel, Authorization Letter, and a check for the Government Fees ($170 for adult, $140 for minor).
- The Sealed Hand Carry Envelope is Adjudicated when the Acceptance Agent seals and marks the outside of the envelope “To Be Opened By U.S. Passport Issuance Office Only”.
- Make sure the Acceptance Agent returns the Sealed Hand Carry Envelope to you.
IMPORTANT: The date of adjudication MUST be written on the outside of the sealed hand carried envelope. If the acceptance agent does not stamp the date or write it on the envelope, please do it yourself. This is required and if this date is missing your application will not be accepted.
Pay the Acceptance Agent Fee of $35.00 – Only Cash, Check, Or Money Order Are Accepted
- Notify the agent you are using a Registered Courier Service to “hand carry” and expedite your passport application.
- The acceptance agent will review All Documents you prepared in Steps 1 & 2 and seal them in an adjudicated envelope.
- The agent will instruct you to Sign the DS-11 in their presence. Your signature must appear the same on all documents. Sign only in black ink.
- The agent will then seal the DS-11, photos, proof of citizenship, travel documents, authorization letter, and the $170.00 check in an adjudicated envelope marked “To be opened by U.S. Passport Issuance Office Only“.
- Make sure the agent returns the sealed hand carried envelope to you.
- Pay the Acceptance Agent fee of $35.
IMPORTANT: The date of adjudication MUST be written on the outside of the sealed hand carried envelope. If the acceptance agent does not stamp the date or write it on the envelope, please do it yourself. This is required and if this date is missing your application will not be accepted. Please include the name and date of birth of the applicant as well.
IMPORTANT: Do not open or tamper with this sealed Hand Carry Envelope. Ship this sealed envelope to Fastport Passport by the following day or your application may be denied.
- Package and Send Your Sealed Hand Carry Envelope
Preparation for Sending Documents to Fastport Passport
- Any forms with a signature and date field MUST be completed with your original signature and date. Copies are not accepted. Failure to sign and date your DS application or LOA will delay your processing.
- You MUST attach a copy of all your documents (travel plans, application, authorization letter, etc) to the outside of the hand carry envelope with a paperclip. This is required, and for our review only, as the sealed envelope cannot be opened or tampered with in any way. You will take the sealed envelope and the copy of your documents and put them into a FedEx, UPS, or USPS envelope to send to our office. Without a copy of ALL documents, your application WILL NOT be submitted. It will be sent back to you!
- The “Hand Carry” Sealed Adjudicated Envelope must be sent to our processing department by the following business day.
IMPORTANT: Applications received after 1 business day of being sealed will delay or suspend your application. Make sure you have the date of adjudication written on the outside of the sealed envelope.
IMPORTANT: If you are traveling within the next 48 hours, do not send in your documents without speaking to our passport specialists first!
Shipping Your Documents for Expedited Processing to Fastport Passport
- Send us your adjudicated sealed envelope. Use an overnight delivery service like FedEx and make sure you keep your tracking number.
- Our processing times are based on when we get the documents from you. We will send you email updates throughout the passport process once your documents are received and as your passport is being processed.
IMPORTANT:If you are not eligible for a passport renewal, your documents will not be submitted and will be returned at your expense. Please call ahead before sending your documents if you are concerned about your eligibility.
Ship all documents to:
Attention Fastport Passport
60 E 42nd St
Suite 512, New York, NY 10165
IMPORTANT: Same Day passport requests are processed the next business day unless you speak with a Fastport Passport representative and arrange first overnight shipping with FedEx.
Any Questions? Please Call Us: 800-220-1759
Now you have completed the Fastport Passport Expedited checklist!!
If you have not yet placed an order for your expedited passport processing, please Order Now.